Monday, January 3, 2011

Chocolate Pudding Cake

 Have you ever made this before?  It's amazing stuff.  It's like a chocolate cobbler with a brownie like cake and fabulous chocolate sauce to serve with it.  It should always be served warm with vanilla ice cream or freshly whipped cream.

 In honor of my new January diet, this is a recipe I have made before so I didn't get step by step photos of the process.  I'm thinking you'll all be fine though.  It's super easy to make and unlike a lot of the recipes I've posted before does not require fancy kitchen equipment. 

Chocolate Pudding Cake
For the cake, in a medium bowl mix together:
2 cups Flour
1-½ cup Sugar
4 teaspoons Baking Powder
½ teaspoons Salt
¼ cups Cocoa Powder
1 cup Milk
¼ cups Vegetable Oil
2 cups Nuts, Your Choice (optional)

Pour the cake batter into a 9x13 pan and spread it evenly over the bottom.

For the sauce, in a small bowl mix together:
¼ cups Cocoa Powder
2 cups Brown Sugar

Spread evenly over the cake batter and then pour 3-½ cups Hot Water over the whole thing.   Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 40-45 minutes.  When it's done the cake will have risen to the top with a dry surface and a fully cooked but moist interior and the sauce will be bubbling at the edges.   This dish does have a sometimes boil over the edge of the pan.  It's a good idea to place the 9x13 pan on a rimmed cookie sheet to bake so it doesn't make too big of a mess in your oven.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Um hello! That's not going to help my diet. It looks heavenly. I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delish. I'll be saving this recipe to try at some point soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM!! I'm gonna have to try this, very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so yummy. BTW I love the chessboard idea, I am going to have to make one of those. Thank you for the instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy's older brother here. This is a family favorite. We call it "Down in the Dumps Pudding". Because it is guarenteed to be the right thing to eat to get you out of the Dumps.

    ReplyDelete