Thursday, December 16, 2010

Think Bigger: Little Dresses for Africa

It's really easy to get caught up in our own little world, our own needs, our own wants.  I find however, that my life is so much better and I am happier when I am helping those outside my immediate circle.  So with that in mind, I will be focusing every Thursday on one charity that requests or accepts crafted items for those in need.  I'm calling it Think Bigger. 

Little Dresses for Africa is a non-profit 503c organization that focuses on delivering hand made clothing to children in Africa.  The group asks for pillowcase dresses for girls and simple shorts for boys.  They have patterns and directions available on their site if you need them.

The dresses and shorts are distributed through orphanages, schools, and local churches to the children.  Little Dresses for Africa hopes that by giving these items to the children they will feel loved and worthy.

I love the mission of this group and I love the photos on their site of the beautiful little girls in their new dresses.  If you have an extra hour of time and a yard or so of fabric, you might consider making something for these special little children.  

No comments:

Post a Comment